Monday, February 20, 2006

I haven't actually crocheted in like 5 days, but I did finish my Amelie swap! I made some notecards with quotes from the movie and some magnets with pictures of various characters--both of which required very little talent. The stitch markers also didn't require very much work; I found the heart beads and wrapped different coloured wire around them and then thread them on the round things and bent the ends. I thought the beads were totally funny though, because they're supposed to have flowers inside them, but the "flowers" kind of look more like gnomes than flowers (perfect for the theme!). And... the purse took me forever to actually complete. I kept changing my mind about things and adding other things. It's my own pattern, and I love it so much I want to keep it.









Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Update: Works in progress

I decided to change the colour of my motif top. I'm doing it in white now (I know, predictable). I'm done 9 out of 35 motifs. I am starting to do one in less than an hour now though.


And then, to pass the time, I started another project. I'm making Beatrice from the Berroco free patterns.

I'm using this amazing merino blend. The pattern, however, is not so amazing. It seems incredibly straight forward, but when I am actually doing it, the increases and decreases don't line up, so I get a bunch of bumps, not waves. I kind of modified it so they line up now, but the waves aren't so wavy. I've done one set of stripes and I don't know if I should keep going the way I am or rip it out and either start fresh or do something else with the amazing yarn. *sigh* I totally wish I could find someone to do a crochetalong with, because I have no idea where I'm going wrong.


The bathing suit coverup is near completion, but I ran out of yarn. I extended the pattern because it seemed really short (either because I'm using a slightly smaller weighted yarn, or because my torso is unnaturally long).


And then... ! My auntie Dar gave me a bag full of her alpaca yarn. Yess! It's so soft and nice and I have no idea what to do with it. It's a 2-ply, and the opportunities are endless. My dad keeps suggesting I should make a blanket, so I was thinking maybe I'd do it for father's day, but that barely narrows it down at all because I can dye it any colour in the whole world. I think I'll just sit on it for now, but it's so exciting!

Updated: FOs


So, I finished a few things last week. I finally put buttons on my aflutter top. It seems as though the website I purchased it on has disappeared, but here is the crochetalong. I used Paton's Grace in snow and a 3.75 hook. I'm not incredibly impressed with it. The neckline is wonky, and it's the pattern's fault, not mine (trust me, I ripped it out like 7 times). It also could have been longer, but I was quickly losing patience with it and wanted it done ASAP. I don't know if I'll wear it. I just don't know.

And then I finally finished a blanket for my kitties. I used Moda Dea Wild and (oh darn, I can't remember) some white baby yarn leftover from a different project.
















I also finished the green sweater, but Mel is currently fast asleep on it and he's too cute to move.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Hook Cases


Here is one of the crochet hook cases I made for Tara, Nicole and Kerri for Christmas. I kind of based it on the one I got from my Auntie June, but added a larger pocket for scissors/measuring tape/etc. on one side.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Current Status

So, in procrastinating the writing of an email (oh, and showering. Eww), I've decided to post the status of all of my works-in-progress. Here they are:

A) my crochet version of the circular shrug. I examined the knitted version found here and turned it into crochet. I'm in the process of adding sleeves--I was almost done one, and decided I needed to add some more decreases, so I ripped it out. Here it is sans sleeves though:

I don't know if anyone cares about the process, but I made a big rectangle--20 hdc in the back loop, sc across in both loops, 20 hdc in the back loop. Afterwards, I tried sewing it together, but it seemed weird, so I added a triangle shape to one end on each side, and then sewed together (see picture).

B) the bathing suit coverup from here. I'm using patons grace in snow and a G/6 hook.


C) the motif top. Here is the first motif. I'm not entirely sure about the colour now--I might go look for a different one somewhere else. I don't know yet! It takes about an hour per motif though, and my fingers start to hurt so bad halfway through each one. I have to do 35, so I kind of want to be sure I like the colour before I continue. We'll see.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Yay!

Yay! Now I have a crochet blog tooooo. I'm going to start a new project right now. It's this:
from here.

I was so disappointed when I went to Michael's though, because they only had #10 thread in like... white and black and blue. I hate blue! But then I found one ball of light pink and one ball of rose pink and ten balls of flourescent yellow. I decided on the rose pink (which is very similar to the picture), so hopefully they get in 2 more balls soon, or I won't be able to finish it!

Okay, byee.